Thursday 20 September 2012

Obsessing about Essie

My local Boots has recently started to stock Essie nailvarnish.

I've seen Essie before on blogs etc, but it has never been on my radar enough to prompt online purchase.  Plus I am a bit of a die-hard OPI fan.

But the Essie display looked so inviting, and I have been looking for a pastel lilac nailvarnish and Essie had one right there on the shelf.

At £7.99 it is expensive for a nail varnish, and therefore takes itself into OPI territory.  So I went in sceptical.

But I must say, after my first application, I love it!  The colour is exactly what I wanted and I found it so easy to apply.  I find pastel nail varnishes can be tricky to get an even 'block' of colour without ending up with a thick gloopy mess.  But two normal layers of this Essie varnish was plenty enough.  I put my cheap Miss Sporty clear nail varnish as a base coat and top coat.  Generally the varnish dried quickly, it has stayed shiny, hasn't chipped yet and the colour is so pretty.

Problem is I now want more.  I've seen a dark red, a dark purple AND a mink colour I want already.  At least with OPI I have to order online so the effort needed tends to curb my purchasing...but we could be entering a danger area here.  Expect many more Essie posts to come!


This is the colour I bought.  It is called 'lilacism'.  Please note these are not my nails (mine are horrible and short) but it is a good representation of the colour, quality and shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment